Thursday, October 2, 2008

a sense of belonging

for the longest time, i had trouble forging bonds with the new gym crowd. i knew few names, and far fewer knew mine. last night when i left the gym in my final pre-hound ears training session, the majority of the people i was climbing with knew who i was and conversely, i knew who they were. it felt a little more like the grg of old.

my plans of dragging a few dc folks along with me to boone were for naught. turns out it'll just be me and a nouveau grger on the road in my blue hatchback. she's good people. seems a lot like one grger that i often wind up climbing with because we have similar styles. i do enjoy the trips with people i hardly know. it ain't the first one, and i doubt it'll be the last...

2 comments:

You had me at Merlot. said...

gym people. pfft...pick me up and I'll hike with you. swear.

Mr. J said...

a bit out of my way, friend. as is, it'll still be 400 miles of blacktop between me and rocks.