Wednesday, October 29, 2008

yawn!

as usual, an entertaining evening in the district was ruined by a long, silver train. when i go into the city in the daytime, i never have problems with missed trains or long delays between them. the later it gets in the evening, the longer the waits become and the more asinine metro's policies become. last night, waiting for a transfer at metro center, two empty trains passed through the station without letting any of the 100+ people on the platform on. i know they're trying to stack up their trains at the line termini (plural of terminus?), but it seems awfully wasteful at the same time for them to not carry passengers when metro is still open! a trip that took us 30 minutes to get into the city, transfer included, stretched out to 75 minutes back out. c'mon metro!

because i didn't get home until 11:30, it's going to be a long day. i had a scarf on when i left my house...i think. somewhere in between picking up my bag and walking to my car, i lost it. how it fell off in less than 100 steps without me noticing, i'll never know. i sure hope it's not a harbinger of things to come today...

on another note, i had a good spot to watch the drag race last night. the queen that won the race would've given usain bolt a run for his money. and yes, the queen in question was wearing high heels. the post covered it, too, so my coworkers didn't think i was crazy when i described it.

this was last year's race. if you remember, i went and had a blast then also.


happy halloween, y'all!

2 comments:

You had me at Merlot. said...

Drag racing?? I guess you didn't watch the Phillies win then, huh? It was F-in crazy as all get out here last night. I miss you. You know what my mom always did when I was Audrey's age and lived in MN...she'd pin my shit to my jacket. Get some safety pins. :)

All Art is Quite Useless said...

Happy Halloweiner!
Also, thanks for the birthday wishes...=)