Tuesday, January 22, 2008

whipped and lashed

she tells me it's going to get worse before it gets better. that this time, it's going to hurt more. it's going to take a few days to heal up. next time, it might take longer.

snowboarding hurts. last time, i did well because i was only concerned with getting down the run without falling. i was like a rocket sled once i got my balance. this time, i tried to amend that rocket mentality in different conditions on what seemed to be different terrain too. the ground was much harder it seemed. maybe i was going faster. trying to slow myself and figure out how to turn slammed me to the ground. the last hit left me bruised and whiplashed, but not broken.

pain aside, i did have a blast. a little too crowded for a lot of runs though. gimme a few weeks, and i'll be back...

No comments: