Monday, May 12, 2008

writing

i spent quite a while this weekend trying to write about my adventures. i apparently have a severe case of writer's block. my affliction has affected me before. i'd learned a lesson from the last time.

i must write when the feelings, the emotions, the experiences are still fresh in my mind. the euphoria. the rejection. the pain. the elation. some of you may know that i was using writing as a catharsis for some not-so-happy times in my life. it even got to the point when my scribblings were so good that i considered compiling said sad stories into a book of sorts. they're all true stories, though if i ever were to consider the book route, i'd change the names to protect those involved. it started over two years ago when lee and i lived together. i'd just returned from christmas break, and i had a stunning realization as i sat in my apartment alone late at night. so, i took out my laptop and started pecking away. two hours later, i had quite an introspective look into my head. and so it began...

i'm not sure how this applies to my current writer's block. probably something along the lines of if i want my tales to be more adventurous (even taking some literary license in them), i should write about them very soon after the adventure. the more time passes, the less the adrenaline will affect and accent the writing. my book has popped back into my head again, albeit with a happier twist. problem again, details escape me and the initial euphoria of those moments have passed. maybe with a little help from my friends...

No comments: