Thursday, June 19, 2008

chasing cars

let's waste time, chasing cars. 700 miles or so down south on interstate 95. hookah and mediterranean food. beer. mike, mike, mike, and margarita. smiles.

tomorrow, beach, then alachua. today, driving, my mp3 player spit out all kinds of awesome. right as i left virginia, it played our song. slight play on the heartstrings. choked up at piano man for some odd reason. maybe the wedding memories of friends' past that have been hitched, and those yet to come. perhaps my own yet to be, who knows?!

time for bed, time for waking up in the a.m., taking pictures of the beach, read a little of my books, and hitting the road back to the place i called home for the last 10 years. my comfort level is increasing in arlington, but i know alachua county like the back of my hand. i don't need directions to get where i need to go for the rest of the trip. i hope...

1 comment:

You had me at Merlot. said...

I'm sure I'll be married two more times before you. Ready...set...GOOOO.

You are the tortise...
I am the hare.