Monday, June 9, 2008

american beauty

i don't know what it is lately. the photographer's eye growing within me. the change of scenery. the happiness that's not going away anytime soon.

no matter where i am lately, i'm finding the beauty in everyday life. kinda like ricky fitts,
It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.


ok, so that's a little weird. not quite dancing with plastic bags yet, but you get the drift. there's bountiful wildflowers up here. wildlife like i've rarely seen. i still get excited at the graceful beauty of deer munching greenery in suburban front lawns, the sides of the highway. the sunlight glinting through the leaves at sunrise, or how it reflects off everyday objects at sunset.

i suppose it's partly due to my observant nature, which is even keener now with so much new hitting my optical nerve...

No comments: