Tuesday, February 26, 2008

movie time...

some from this weekend. name these fx and other flix...

1. "We don't need reparations! We need restraint!...Restraint"! Some discipline! Don't go out and buy a Range Rover when you livin' with your mama! And pay your mama some rent! And can we please, please, please try and teach our kids something other than the "Chronic" album? And please, Black people, try and be on time for something other than free before eleven at the club!

2. "No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either y'all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn."

3. "Ladies and gentlemen, you all have one thing in common: you're all being blackmailed. For some considerable time, all of you have been paying what you can afford, and in some cases MORE than you can afford, to someone who threatens to expose you. And NONE of you know WHO's blackmailing you. Do you?"

4. "I'm not the guy you kill. I'm the guy you buy! Are you so fucking blind that you don't even see what I am? I sold out Arthur for 80 grand. I'm your easiest problem and you're gonna kill me?"

5. "Oh, it's nobody's fault but my own! I was looking up... it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there..."

and yes, that is quite a switch between the first three and the last two. using google is cheating. i was going to go in order of theatrical release, but i thought grouping them by ridiculousness and quintessential leading men would be better in light of the conversations i've had about each.

1 comment:

rachel said...

The only one I know is #3, Clue! I love that movie and have it on dvd :)